Many people wonder with social media and this diverse digital world if it will delete the value of the business card? The business card reflects you and it is the first impression of your brand. It is a great marketing tool for yourself and your company. Networking events is the hot spot for business cards to shine and it connects you with people. Personal meetings and eye contact with actual conversation is how real relationships begin. Then when you end with a hand shake along with exchanging the business card, it opens the door for new prospects for you. Here is a quote from Maya Angelou which I value dearly.
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou
Arming yourself with business cards at all times will ensure that you never miss an opportunity to make a valued personal connection with people.
A business card needs to be professional, precise and reflect your brand image. A business card shows that you are professional and your company has value and is ready to assist people. Remember creative business cards get shared on and on, creating more marketing for you. Here are some important information for your business card:
- Keep it simple.
- Easy to read fonts.
- Stay with the traditional size, (2"x 3.5").
- Avoid using bright colors. (Unless you are in a creative business.)
- Keep your brand colors consistent from your website to your business card.
- Use the back side of the card for more valuable information about your business.
- If you work in another country also put the same information on the back in their language.
- Don't use thin and cheap paper, a good card weight is 14-16 pt.
- Required information are your name, title, company name, logo, email address and phone number.
- Extra information if space permits are the physical address, website and cell phone number.
- Deal with a company that has a good quality printed end product.
I'm happy to say business conversations are still going to end with the familiar words, "Let me give you my business card". So be ready and make an impact in the world with a professional business card.